Master of Law in International LawRequirements
Applicants must meet the following requirements
- Degree in juridical sciences granted by a Chilean or foreign university
- Outstanding record of achievement throughout their Law studies
- Good command of both English (TOEFL test at least 78 point in TOEFL IBT and Spanish (if not native language). Knowledge of English and/or Spanish must be certified.
Deadline for application
January 20th, 2023
Start of the program
Applicants must submit the following documents in due form and time.
- Application forms
- An official transcript of the academic record of the applicant at his/her Law School and a copy of his/her law degree
- Certificate of English and Spanish. For applicants whose native language is not English, a minimum TOEFL score of 550 points on PBT (paper based test), 210 on CBT (computer-based test) or 78/80 on IBT (Internet based test) is required. Applicants whose native language is not Spanish must approve a test of Spanish proficiency
- Payment receipt of the application fee
Please send the above mentioned documents to:
Heidelberg Center para América Latina
Las Hortensias 2340
Santiago de Chile
Note that these documents will not be returned to the applicant. Please do not send original documents!
The program starts on April 2023. Course terms are arranged according to the following schedule, corresponding to the Southern Hemisphere calendar:
Fall, winter and spring (April to December)
Courses take place at the HCLA in Santiago de Chile.
Summer (December to February)
Heidelberg Stay (March)
Courses, completion of thesis and final oral examination
In order to obtain the Master's Degree in International Law, participants have to pass all courses, the written thesis and a final oral examination.
Monday to Thursday: 6.30 to 9.00 PM.
Some weeks classes will be held only from Tuesday to Thursday.
(fees cover the stay in Heidelberg)